Friday, August 17, 2012

A Few Tips from Front Porch Kits


I really loved all of the elements of the Front Porch Just Add Water Kit.  It was a non-traditional summer kit as you can see from my page below, but still had enough fun elements to make a great vacation page.  There are still kits available, just click on the link HERE.
Tip - try to use as many photos as you can to convey a moment or feeling.  I choose to use a simple patterned paper background, but framed it with another piece of blue patterned paper that picked up the colors in my photos so they would really stand out on the page. 
I used the same layering effect on my journal card and framed it with blue patterned paper that would pick up the blue in the photos and the title letters.  I added some foam tape to the back of the journal card to make it a little more dimensional so the page is not so flat.
Contrast is also a good idea, so I added these rust colored cardstock stickers to make the sentiment stand out on the page as well as pop dots for added dimension.

4 comments: