Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Front Porch Kits Reveal Day



It's time to unveil the newest kit from Front Porch Kits called Sew Artsy.  There are some wonderful elements, both new and repurposed to create with in this kit.  I had a great time thinking up interesting ways to use the different elements.  Please visit the Little Blue House Blog for more details about the release or visit the Front Porch Kit site for ordering details.


Below are the projects I created with the kit and I still have a lot left over to work with...
This is a page about my daughter, because I just love her style and how she is always herself with such a wonderful amount of confidence.  I wanted to add pops of color with layering patterned paper at the edge of the layout.
I used the measuring tape that came with the kit to make these tails to my award blossom.  I also added the beautiful wooden button that came with the kit.
The Jillibean Soup cardstock stickers added such a fun sentiment and design to the kit and my page.
I used the embroidery hoop to create this wall art that was inspired by the kit name "Sew Artsy" and a window display at Banana Republic.  I saw the Christy Tomlinson She Art paper and thought it would make a great pleated skirt.  I used my scoring tool to make all the pleats and a glue gun to put everything together.
The trim is gorgeous and was easy to add to the hoop.  The chipboard dress maker was the perfect model for my creation.
This sentiment cracked me up and thought is was a great addition to this altered project.
This is just a fun card using stick pins to create flags and tiny spools to make them into a flag topiary. 
I think the spools add a really fun dimension to the project.  The kit came with plenty of string to wrap around them for more color.

I made this little mini album about of the top of the box my kit was mailed in.  I covered it with the burlap fabric in the kit and then decorated with many of the elements in the kit.  These tiny hangers are so much fun.
I used the cover of the Butterick Pattern packaging to cover some of the pages in my album as the background.  I like how it hangs out of the book.
I really like this perspective so you can see how the pages are made out of cardboard.

I still need to finish this book, but this is what one of the pages looks like with the sewing pattern as part of the design.

Please go check out the Front Porch Kits and see what I mean about the endless creative possibilities.

Have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Lisa P said...

I love what you did with this kit, Liz.

DeeDee said...

I love your stuff and your talent added with the Little Blue House ladies... you did a great job with this kit.. cannot wait to see more...

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow! These are all absolutely awesome, Liz! Especially love the embroidery hoop project!

Court said...

Holy smokes! There is a TON in that kit!!! I love it!

Robbie said...

Girl!! You rocked the kit!! LOVE the layout!! It's just amazing and love the way you worked the negative space! The embroidery hoop is over the top! So adorable and FUN! Love the card and the mini, too! You've been busy! Great work!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I'm sitting here with my mouth open, Liz! Each project is so amazingly creative. If I HAD to pick a favorite, I'd have to say the embroidery hoop. That pleated skirt is the perfect touch!

Anonymous said...

Love your eye for design Liz! So happy you are a part of the Front Porch Design Team!

Christy said...

That's a great kit! Your projects are AWESOME! :)