Monday, December 19, 2011

New Training Reel for Little Yellow Bicycle

This is called a Tri-Fold Shutter Card and it is a really fun idea for adding a bit more embellishment, style and sentiment to a card, mostly because the way it is folded provides a lot more real estate to decorate.  It is also really EASY to make - I promise. But not to worry, there is both a Training Reel and written instructions to talk you through it.  I used the gorgeous Little Yellow Bicycle Wonder & Wishes Collection for this Christmas Card.
TriFoldShutterWO_LizQualman1a
See how it opens up and has a "Pop Up" effect.  I love that it has a number of panels to design and decorate.  Not to mention how I was able to really showcase some of the specialized collection embellishments like the 10 Things Present pocket.
TriFoldShutterWO_LizQualman3
I love this perspective and that ribbon is really a cardstock sticker from the Favorite Pieces embellishments.   You cannot believe how easy it was to make this card!  It was so easy that I had to make two of them just to make sure I had all of the holidays covered this year.
 I tied on some twine and then added tiny pop poms to the end of it for more winter fun.
These felt poinsettias from Little Yellow Bicycle are gorgeous and really pop in a project.

This "chilly" card was created with the frosty Winter Twig collection and is a more generic holiday card and can be used for the different holidays at this time of year.  I love how all of the blue brown and white go together, but leave room for many shades of good winter fun.
TriFoldShutterWT_LizQualman1
I am smitten with the little chipboard "skater" and had to add him/her to my card.  This card was just as fun with the multiple panels to design and decorate and I also appreciate the Clear Cuts with glitter accents, because Little Yellow Bicycle uses "responsible glitter" and it does not come off on you!
TriFoldShutterWT_LizQualman6
Little Yellow Bicycle is so good about the little things.  The attention to detail is so much so that the tiny journal cards come pre punched with this fun notebook pattern.  I only needed to add it to the card.
This is a closeup of the Paper Snowflake Kit which is every bit as beautiful as any of the LYB Paper Flower Kits.

 Please see the video below for product ideas and tips on how to make these cards.



I have also included a PDF of instructions for how to make this card.
Download TriFoldShutterCard_LizQualman



Thank you so much for stopping by today and hope you leave with a little inspiration!

Liz

2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow these are so so amazing...

Apartment On Rent said...


This post is really helpful because i was searching that kind of post that you posted and I am really happy. ApartmentOnRent.com you can sort cheap, budget and luxurious flats for rent in Noida. This is a residential property.