Monday, October 25, 2010

Woohoo - Two Page Layout!

It is not often that I create two-page layouts, but recently I came across a very inspirational sketch book from Allison Davis and Debbie Sanders that has my brain churning.  I just adore all of these photos from a recent trip to the pumpkin patch and since I had so many vertical 4x6 photos, there was a perfect sketch to help me scrap them clean and simple.  I know some of you are wondering, why I am looking at someone else's sketch, when I sketch?  Well, I don't sketch two-page layouts and I really wanted to make one, so there you go - hee, hee.  The papers are from Nikki Sivils My Friend Birdie collection and I think the color palette is perfectly fall.
Here are some closer views...
 


More Close ups...
 
This is an old school Scenic Route alphabet, but it was the perfect match to the sticker letters in Nikki's collection.  I used the negative space that was inside the letter 'p' to create these little pumpkins.  Yah, I know...one of those super late night inspirations that you just chuckle to yourself about regardless of whether anyone would notice or not.  Then you say to yourself, "I think I am a genius, not to mention in desperate need of sleep!" 
 
Nikki has the cutest journal cards included in this collection.  I opted to keep the project simple with just some buttons and a journal card for embellishment.



Thank you so much for stopping by -

5 comments:

Amy said...

Love the layout! I enjoy the finished product of a 2 page LO but don't often do them myself either. TFS!

Kelly Massman said...

Sweet layout!

Kathy said...

Well, I LOVE two-pagers, and you did this one proud as always! Love those SR letters too! Great pictures.

LisiB said...

Wonderful LO. I hardly ever do 2pagers. A new dimension to discover! Great job recording those memories. So many cute photos and the papers and embellies are just perfect for it.

Melissa said...

I love that you made the pumpkins out of leftovers! Some memories just require two pages, don't they?