Thursday, October 14, 2010

Roctober at Paper Poppy

I can't tell you enough how much I love the Paper Poppy Kit this month! Any time you combine Pink Paislee with Lily Bee and a tiny bit of Jenni Bowlin, there are bound to be creative sparks flying everywhere. How much fun do you think I had putting this layout together??? The deep, rich, Old School colors were perfect for scrapping my kids' school photos. Sometimes it is a bit tough to add more paper to a die cut, but if you look close, you can see how to mix and blend a lot of them.
I used my Cricut Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge, that came stock with my Expression, to cut the giant apple and the letter A. Then, I used the shadow feature to layer papers and make them stand out a bit more. The apple also makes a really nice mat for the photo of my daughter.
I was a little bit torn about the title and whether to use the awesome foam Pink Paislee alphabet or these super cool Jenni Bowlin sticker letters. Obviously Jenni won the battle and I think the smaller title letters add more interest than a larger title would by drawing you in a bit - especially so you get the humorous reference behind the title.
A little Jillibean Soup is always a welcome addition to round out a page. The corrugated cardboard buttons are a really fun embellishment. I love the versatility of this kit to scrap Fall or Back to School. Hope you all are enjoying it too :)

Thank you so much for stopping by -

3 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Your kids are beautiful! and your page too. Love the kit this month... but what's new?

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

super cute lo & your kids are gorgeous!

laterg8r said...

really love the title and lo of this one :D