Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday Sketch and Guest Designers

Hope you still have a lot of butterflies in your stash... This week's sketch is all about summer and our little fluttery friends. It is also eligible for my July Sketch Challenge. Click HERE for more details.
Aymee Gandy is our featured designer this week and I really admire her work - always so fresh and fun. Here is a little bit about her, "I am also known as Southernbellescrapper. I am 26 years old. I currently reside in Pennsylvania, but am originally from Alabama. I have been happily married to my high school sweetheart, Brandon, for 7 wonderful years. I am an avid scrapbooker who loves to create layouts, cards, and altered projects. Scrapbooking is my one true passion in this life and I cannot get enough of it. When I am not at my scrappy desk you can find me online surfing blogs and online scrapbooking message boards. I also have my own blog called 'A Scraphappy Southernbelle.' I'd love for you to come by and visit: www.southernbellescrapper.blogspot.com. I also love to read, cook, interior decorate, travel, and spend time with friends and family."
Aymee did such a great job with the sketch and here is what she had to say about it, "I loved this sketch! I really am attracted to layering patterned papers and this sketch was perfect for this! I also adore butterflies and the sketch inspired me to use those on my layout. Depending on my mood, I sometimes follow a sketch religiously, but I also like to change things up a bit. For this layout, I went with one photo instead of two. I also replaced the circle journaling spot for a circular photo. I did a bit of rearranging and came up with a layout I really enjoyed creating. I used a pen to create some 'faux' stitching around the edges of the page, as well as the 'butterfly trails.' I do not freehand too often when scrapbooking, but I like the look the 'trails' give to my page."
Some close ups of Aymee's work
Please visit Aymee's blog A Scrap Happy Southern Belle for more information about her and details about her work.

Sandra Dunne is back again sharing her wonderful talent this week. Here is what she had to say about working with the sketch this week, "Basically I followed the sketch exactly as it was laid out... why play with perfection I say!! The only difference was that I couldn't bear to cover up the beautiful banner on my Websters Pages so I used a craft knife to cut around it and slipped my papers underneath. Anyone familiar with my work knows I LOVE adding butterflies and was quite giddy when I saw they were included in the sketch. I staggered the photographs rather than keep them one under the other and had to turn my title sideways to make it fit. I really had a lot of fun with this sketch!!"
Please visit Sandra's blog Papered Memories for more information about her and details about her work.

Sheree Power is also a returning guest designer and I love the stark colors on her layout and how they make the photos pop. This is what she had to say about the sketch, "I loved this sketch the minute I saw it. I loved the straight lines and my favourite thing at the moment...scallops. So I decided to keep as much to the exact sketch as possible and I knew this sketch was meant for these photos."
Please visit Sheree's blog Just the 2 of Us for more information about her and details about her work.

Thank you so much for stopping by -

8 comments:

LisiB said...

A great sketch paired up with great interpretations. Just wonderful and so inspiring.

http://myschnipselblog.blogspot.com

Sandie said...

It's lovely to see the other designers take on the sketch!! Wonderful layouts.

Kathy Martin said...

Wow...LOVE this sketch! :)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wonderful job ladie .. love seeing all the different ideas! Fab sketch, Liz!

Tammy E. said...

Gorgeous sketch, which of course I love all of them! I hope to find time to do this one! I've followed Aymee's work for some time. She and the others did a great job with the sketch! Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Renata Moni said...

another great sketch,Liz!!!

Melinda Spinks said...

Such a darling sketch and wonderful interpretations by the guest designers... lovely inspiration from all!

all the days of our life said...

These are GORGEOUS!!! Great sketch