Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Sketch and Guest Designers

This week's sketch is kind of an old school one for me.  I really love flowers and flourishes, so I needed to take a walk back in time - however...there is still a large circle (optional of course).
Beatriz Guzman is such a fabulous designer and she has something new to post on her blog almost everyday.  Here is a little bit about her, "Paper Crafting has been my passion for as long as I can remember. It was  a turn of events in my life about 8 years ago that lead me to scrapbook "almost" full time. When I moved to Alabama about 9 months ago and both my children were married and gone, I had all the time in the world to scrap and to finally get into blogging. That is when I found Liz's site and her sketches just inspired me so much that I have been doing them  ever since."
Here is what Beatriz had to say about working with the sketch, "My style is very linear and I love swirls and flowers. I also like to scrap double pages and multiple pictures in each page. Again, this is why Liz is my favorite sketcher!!!!! I believe she understand that "realistically" we can't scrap a picture per page!!! My favorite tools are my ancient 12 x 12 guillotine cutter and my ATG adhesive gun. I am crazy about papers, Prima flowers and Maya Road anything and everything.  I feel very honored to be Liz's Guest Designer and I am so happy and thankful  she shares her God-given talent  with  the rest of us."
Close ups of Beatriz's work
Please visit Beatriz's blog Amazing Grace for more information about her and details about her work.

Ellen Magnette created this really striking version of the sketch this week.  Here is what she had to say about working with it, "I first thought I would rotate the sketch 90°, but remembered I had this wonderful picture still to be scrapped, and then decided to go for a verbatim interpretation (as usual would say some of my scrap friends!). I then chose some lovely Bo Bunny papers, organized the whole lot together, and... here is the result!"
Please visit Ellen's blog L'univers de Caladhiel for more information about her and details about her work.

Arianne Addicks returns again with her wonderful version of the sketch this week.  Here is what she has to say about working with it, "This sketch gave me the chance to work with another set of photos from my trip to Marocco last year. I had about 5 photos of these glasses of mint-tea. Never intended to be used at all, so this sketch gave me the opportunity to use just two.  I went through my stash looking for paper with a lot of green in it.  When I found this amazing SEI - Bridgeport paper, I knew I wanted to use this. The paper with big flowers and branches suits my photos perfectly.  The flower is so big, that adding a tag is real hard. Since I think my LO doesn't need journaling, I put a title in the place of the word-strips."
Please visit Arianne's blog Het Leven Van Een Scrappende Juf for more information about her and details about her work.

I'll update the July Sketch challenge this week.
Thank you for stopping by -

9 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

love the sketch & the takes on it are beautiful!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wonderful job ladies! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Love the sketch and the guest designers layouts. They are very inspirational!

Sherri said...

great sketch, love it.

Cassie said...

I love seeing what Beatriz has new everyday!!!!
She is fabulous!!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Thank you Liz for having me here! I spent the weekend with Aphra in Rayne. She told me you will be together soon, how fun!!!!!

Heather said...

I can seem to find the post to link to for the July sketches, am I missing it somewhere?

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Hi Liz! This is my take on the sketch,what a beautiful sketch you created!
http://luzmasscraplace.blogspot.com/2010/07/just-us.html
Luzma

LisiB said...

Another LO submitted by me! Thank you for the great inspiration.

http://myschnipselblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/sunday-challenge-swirlydoos.html