Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday Sketch and Guest Designers

I had a little fun with this week's sketch and layered photos on top of each other with a few background circle elements. This is the last sketch this month that is eligible for the challenge. I will announce a randomly drawn winner on June 5th. Be sure to link you work here and check back next Saturday for the winner.


Sheree Power did such a super fun interpretation of my sketch. I love the colors she chose and the photos of her daughter are just darling. Here is a little bit about her, "I'm Sheree and I'm from Sydney, Australia. I'm 33 years old and a mum to my gorgeous girl Kaitlyn, who is 9. I started scrapbooking about 8 years ago after I found Creative Memories. Then I discovered the world of scrapbooking on the internet and haven't looked back since. I'm a huge sketch fan of using sketches and love working with a variety of them. When I found Liz's sketches, my pages just seemed to come together easily." Aw - thanks Sheree! Here is what Sheree said about this layout, "I loved having this sketch to work with. I found it all flowed together just like the pictures did with these patterned papers. I decided to keep the sketch the way it was as it fitted perfectly with the papers." Below are some closeups of Sheree's work.Please visit Sheree's blog Just the 2 of Us for more information about her and details about her work.

Lisa Watson is another fresh face for the guest designers and submitted this really beautiful layout about a wonderful carriage ride. Here is what she had to say about working with my sketch, "I took the sketch literally and only used paper and a title for my layout. I picked the colors for my paper right from my photos. The cardstock base has a terrific fun texture, the green Pink Paislee paper reminded of the grass and the the white circles were some scrap pieces of Basic Grey that matched the horse perfectly. The wood colored title stickers also matched the window trim on the carriage. Thanks for a terrific sketch and for mixing horizontal and vertical photos which can be difficult to place on layouts."
Please visit Lisa's blog Pictures 2 Pages for more information about her and details about her work.

Julia Short is back again this week with her second guest spot. I'm just relieved that her super cute little pup Bas made it into the gorgeous photos in her layout. Julia does such a fantastic job with nature layouts. Here is what she had to say about working with the sketch, "First, I have to say how much I love Liz's sketches. They really do it for me and I was over the moon with this one. We had just been for a walk at Ceibwr (cayber) Bay and it was a beautiful morning. We took some great photos and this sketch was just perfect to use a few of them. I am really pleased with the way it turned out and also pleased that I was able to use some of my old stash. LOL! Thanks Liz." Please visit Julia's blog On Top of the Scrap Heap for more information about her and details about her work.

Thank you so much for stopping by -

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sketch - headed to my printer right now! Thanks Liz!

Fern said...

Another fabulous sketch Liz!!! And all I can say is "WOW" what a fantastic job the girls did with it!!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wonderful sketch Liz ... and you ladies did a wonderful job on your layouts. Can't wait to visit your blogs!

Nicole said...

Great sketch and congrats to all the GDT's! Fabulous LOs!! And a special high five for my friend, Lisa Watson!! ;)

Sandie said...

What wonderful layouts. Great take on the sketch by everyone!!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful sketch. I just posted my take for this one. All the girls did an amazing job! Love them all.