Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday Sketch, Guest Designers & Challenge Winner

I am really liking all of the multi-photo layouts I see out there, so I designed this sketch to give the guest designers some options. They could either include all the photos or break them up with patterned paper and journaling cards. Take a look at what they created this week.

Asuncion Housset is both French and Spanish and currently resides in the South of France. She likes to be called Asun, is married, and has been scrapbooking since 2002. Her little 3 year old daughter is the main source of her inspiration. She designs for a Spanish kit club called Kits de Somni and also designs for Sketches by Tamara. She doesn't have a specific style and prefers to freestyle.
Here is what Asun had to say about the sketch, " I knew immediately that I wanted to use these photos of my niece because of her intense eyes and I thought the Rusty Pickle Princess Pirate papers were a perfect choice for the layout."

Please visit Asun's blog Scrapasun for more information about her and details about her work.

Lynn Biermann is back with us again this week and working her magic. I love how her style shines through all of her layouts no matter what kind of sketch I send her way. Here is what she had to say about working with it this week, "I was very inspired by two main aspects of Liz’s Sunday May 09 sketch - the center 6 squares & her “turned up” corner in the lower right side of sketch. I have had this great photo of my hubby, me, sister & brother in law for some time. It is an unusual size photo- yet the minute I seen the center 6 squares, I knew that I was going to use the area designated for the top 3 squares for this special photo! It was instant inspiration!!! I also was very drawn to the turned up corner & had to toss it in! I think it really added a bit of whimsy to the layout! It was a fantastic sketch to work with & I am very happy the way it turned out! Thanks Liz!"Please visit Lynn's blog Pretty Paper Swirls for more information about her and details about her work.

Krystal Herbert is another fresh face and she did the cutest darn interpretation of my sketch this week. I am loving the kites! Here is what she had to say about working with the sketch. "This layout was great to work with. I was able to combine the large amount of pictures that I had with the new "Fly a Kite" paper line from October Afternoon. I really love how this layout turned out, it has a fresh and crisp look. "
Please visit Krystal's blog Addicting Paper for more information about her and details about her work.

April Challenge Winner

Let's give a big congrats to the April Challenge Winner Julie Rainbolt. She entered two of her layouts using sketches and increased her odds for winning the random drawing, which looks like it paid off for her. Julie - please email me your information and I will put a RAK in the mail to you.
Check out Julie's lovely layout that she created with the April 18th Sketch. You can learn more about her by visiting her blog Mi Vida Loca.

Thank you for stopping by -

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Liz!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I love multi photo'd sketches!! I have SO MANY photos!! I can't wait to play with this one!!! I love all the examples too. What great LO's!!!

Caroline said...

I did an April sketch but didnt realise i was to enter anywhere lol oh well i enjoyed doing it. Congrats for winning. Love the new sketch and the DT work, just love the kite layout

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Liz, I love your sketch and yes, multi photos sketches are awesome!
Can't wait to use it. Happy Monday!

Sandie said...

wow!! Fantastic sketch and the layouts are amazing!!

Pam Callaghan said...

your sketch rocks. I will have to try this one :)

Fern said...

Beautiful Sketch, Liz! And a Big Congrats to Julie!!!

Carla said...

Thanks for the fabulous sketch.

You can find my take on it here:
http://carlacreates.blogspot.com/2010/05/ctmh-moon-doggie-riding-waves-layout.html

Anonymous said...

A little late, but had to credit your sketch for the one I just finished. Thanks for the inspiration!
http://sillypea.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/05/always-searching-for-good-sketches-.html

Unknown said...

great sketch - here's my take on it
http://scrappininak.wordpress.com/2010/05/28/final-page-before-i-go/