Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday Mornings


Pebbles and American Crafts go together like Peas & Carrots. We are hosting a product swap at both the American Crafts and Pebbles blogs. If you leave a comment any or each day this week, you will be entered into a drawing for a goody bag full of these two manufacturer combined products. Check out below to see what I did with the Pebbles May Bouquet and American Crafts Abode collections.

I like things that coordinate and it is so much fun when you can combine totally different product lines and come up with something that just works. These photos were taken at my son's 1st birthday party and he was very interested in eating his cake, thus the journaling, "You can have your cake and eat it too." I thought it was a fun idea to mix the Pebbles May Bouquet collection with the American Crafts Abode collection. The color palettes compliment each other perfectly. There is a large strip of the Abode striped paper at the bottom of the page, but to change it up a bit at the top of the page I cut the polka dotted May Bouquet paper into 1.5 inch squares and then varied the heights. I also added pop dots to three of them to make them stand out and added buttons for more interest. I created a large bold title with the Dear Lizzy Thickers and then added a May Bouquet journal tag decorated with a little My House chipboard piece and a May Bouquet sticker flower. Overall the layout has a bright birthday feel, but is grounded in some nice earthy tones.

I had so much fun making this little Congratualtions card for a new homeowner. I just love the little My House chipboard pieces from American Crafts and combined with the congratulations 3x3 journal card from the Pebbles May Bouquet collection it made the perfect card for a new homeowner. To give the card a "window" appearance, I cut a circle in the top paper and then pop dotted it from the rest of the card. I used my Cricut to cut the little blades of grass and then added the neighborhood houses for a newly moved in feel.

That's what is going on all week at the Pebbles and American Crafts blogs.

Thank you for stopping by -

8 comments:

Frances said...

These are soooo sweet! Those are two of my favorite manufactures!!

Teresa Jaye said...

Hi Liz, I love the way you combined all of the lines! I didn't realize your boy was a little red head! The little red head on my layouts is my granddaughter!

EileenMV said...

Adorable! I have a redhead too!

Kathy Martin said...

Love both the page and card! :)

TeenaBugg38 said...

I adore your layout!!!! WOW!!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Great pages! Lovelye pictures. Happy WEdnesday!

Melinda Spinks said...

Henry looks to be seriously enjoying that cake... love the layout Liz and that little card is just too darn cute!
Melinda x

Suzanne said...

I loved both of these projects! I love the design of the card!